(also green tech)
- Technology whose use is intended to mitigate or reverse the effects of human activity on the environment: the use of green technology and renewable energy is an integral part of the government’s agenda [count noun]: investment in natural infrastructure and green technologies would also create valuable new ‘green collar’ jobs [as modifier]: the green tech industryMore example sentences
- "Green tech" - environmentally friendly technology - has been slow in coming to market, but look for these products and procedures when making new purchases.
- While the business of renewables struggles like any other, people constantly say to us, 'Oh, it must be a good time to be covering green tech with the new administration.'
- Any money that we get from taxing oil companies ought to go to try to provide the green tech jobs and try to handle the environmental concerns that both of these candidates stand for.
More definitions of green technologyDefinition of green technology in:
- The US English dictionary