Definition of griefer in English:
(In an online game or community) a person who harasses or deliberately provokes other players or members in order to spoil their enjoyment: a class of entrepreneurs is emerging who see griefers not just as an annoyance but as a potential source of lost revenue
More example sentences
- They thought they were protecting the game, because they had this very particular view of how the game should be played, and they were going after what they called "the griefers."
- Have griefers been a problem thus far?
- Our main challenge is to even the playing field, and make sure that the victims of griefers can easily deal out some payback.
- Example sentences
- If you're in the mood to do some random looting and griefing, now's the time.
- There is a simple cure for all griefing: do not take your games so seriously.
- Increasingly, the solution to griefing is not simply to ban nuisance players, but to encourage the development of virtual societies capable of dealing with their own virtual crimes.
Definition of griefer in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia