- 1The area between the abdomen and the upper thigh on either side of the body.More example sentences
- Patients may have pain in the anterior groin, anterior thigh, buttock, greater trochanter, or medial knee.
- Swelling and tenderness was noted in the groin and proximal thigh.
- In femoral fractures, patients usually complain of pain in the groin, anterior thigh, or knee, as well as painful range of motion of the hip.
- 1.1 • informal The region of the genitals: she kicked him in the groinMore example sentences
- The defender's right elbow is locked and her hand cannot strike the attacker's groin.
- The heavy man clutched his groin in pain and fell to his knees on the ground.
- Now he dropped the sword and she brought her knee up into the man's groin.
- 2 Architecture A curved edge formed by two intersecting vaults.More example sentences
- It is characterized by heavy, load-bearing masonry, the round-headed arch and its derivatives, the groin, and barrel vaulting.
- Gilt threads glittered in the weave of pennants and tapestries and high overhead a gold-trimmed groin vault shouldered off the arches of a marble ceiling.
- The corridor opened into a T-junction in a groin vault serving as a landing for a broad, dimly-lit staircase.
late Middle English grynde, perhaps from Old English grynde 'depression, abyss'.