- A heavy ribbed fabric, typically of silk or rayon.More example sentences
- Thus did the trousers come to be made of the same cloth and color as the coat, uniform-style, for example, and facing lapels to be made with rich silk grosgrain, among other subtle changes.
- Finish front with bias tape, 1-1/2 inch wide grosgrain or fabric strip sewn to edges and turned into inside and stitched down creating a facing.
- You could not speak of sucking the hats' bowls to your face, or of licking the grosgrain of their sweat-darkened ribbons: there was no way to explain why you even wanted this.
mid 19th century: French, 'coarse grain' (see also grogram).
More definitions of grosgrainDefinition of grosgrain in:
- The US English dictionary