Definition of grotty in English:
adjective (grottier, grottiest)British informal
1Unpleasant and of poor quality: a grotty little hotel
More example sentences
- ‘It has shown it has an ability to bounce back from the bad old days of high unemployment and poor education and a grotty town centre,’ he said.
- What a contrast it was to get back to our grotty hotel after such a glitzy day.
- There's damage here as far as the eye can see… holes in walls, fittings ripped off, filthy kitchens, grotty toilets, rubbish everywhere.
- grottiness noun
- Example sentences
- She smiled faintly as we described its peppery grottiness.
- It's an early attempt at mythologising the harsh urban grottiness of the built environment of a gigantic city and juxtaposing it with the image of a young woman.
- I have tremendously fond memories of the Free Trade Hall, despite its general grottiness, and its poor acoustics.
Words that rhyme with grottydotty, hottie, knotty, Lanzarote, Lottie, Pavarotti, potty, Scottie, snotty, spotty, totty, yachtie, zloty
Definition of grotty in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.