Definition of growing pains in English:
1Neuralgic pains which occur in the limbs of some young children.
- In contrast to growing pains, the pain of fatigue, which may occur with or without excessive physical activity, disappears after rest.
- One symptom that doctors find most helpful in making a diagnosis of growing pains is how the child responds to touch while in pain.
- However, if a child does fit the criteria for growing pains, the parents should be reassured that this is a benign, self-limited process that occurs for unknown reasons.
1.1The difficulties experienced in the early stages of an enterprise: the growing pains of a young republic
More example sentences
- Then there are the inevitable growing pains - pains that, in this business, can be lethal.
- In the year of its Olympics debut, this is a young sport suffering from its growing pains.
- Which means that many State Associations have completed the growing pains that we are now facing.
Definition of growing pains in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan