noun[mass noun] Chemistry
A strongly basic crystalline compound, used in organic synthesis.
- An imide derived from urea; chemical formula: HNC(NH2)2
More example sentences
- Although a molecule of guanidine contains only five hydrogen atoms, it can effectively store nine by extracting hydrogen from the water recovered from the exhaust.
- However, experience with guanidine and biguanides prompted the development of metformin.
- When guanidine hydrochloride is present these complexes dissociate into smaller units.
Definition of guanidine in:
- The US English dictionary