- Long, coarse hair forming an animal’s outer fur.More example sentences
- Incorporated into this mass was a considerable amount of grass and animal hair, including a lone crimped guard hair of a deer or elk.
- The fur is composed of short, soft underfur covered by shiny guard hair.
- Perry Sumner, a biologist with the North Carolina Wildlife Resources Commission, said it's likely a red fox with a rare genetic condition known as Sampson, an abnormality in which the animal lacks a layer of fur called guard hair.
More definitions of guard hairDefinition of guard hair in:
- The US English dictionary