1An edible, pale orange tropical fruit with pink juicy flesh and a strong sweet aroma.
- Fruits like oranges, guavas, pawpaws and others will be grown.
- The fruits used were kumquat, orange, lemon, and guava; all fruits were uninfested and thoroughly washed and dried before an experiment.
- I watched him this morning juicing a grapefruit, guava, blood orange, mango, plums, and grapes and pouring the elixir into a giant glass pitcher.
2The small tropical American tree which bears guavas.
- Genus Psidium, family Myrtaceae: several species, in particular P. guajava.
- Carefully planted in extremely diverse sections, there were formal gardens, as well as fruit groves of mangoes, guavas and citrus trees.
- Many southern gardens don't have tulips, forsythia or daffodils, but instead have guava, pineapple and amaryllis.
- Among the invasive species found here and there are Brazilian peppertree, guava, laurel fig, melaleuca, Old World climbing fern, and strangler fig.
Mid 16th century: from Spanish guayaba, probably from Taino.
Words that rhyme with guavabalaclava, Bratislava, carver, cassava, Costa Brava, Java, kava, larva, lava, palaver
For editors and proofreaders
Line breaks: guava
Definition of guava in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.