Definition of gull wing in English:
(Of a door on a car or aircraft) opening upwards: gull-wing doors
More example sentences
- Press the flush button by the door to open the gull-wing doors, which have hydraulics powerful enough to lift the doors automatically.
- But the gull-wing car nearly got Nik and Eva into serious trouble just outside Turin, where a police officer thought they had a bomb in the back.
- The YCC has a personalised driving position, autopark for easy parking and gull-wing doors for easier access and improved visibility.
- Example sentences
- Visit the DeLorean Owners Association for more information on his best-known legacy, the gull-winged stainless steel sports car that lumbered along and had far more success in the movies than on the road.
- OK I'll admit I'm a fan of the big gull-winged monster.
- But its daring gull-winged construction - a reinforced concrete sculpture that tested the limits of its material and of what modernism could be - was the source of its distinction as well as downfall.
Definition of gull wing in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India