Definition of gunmetal in English:
1A grey corrosion-resistant form of bronze containing zinc.
- Chill cast leaded gunmetals are widely used for miscellaneous small bushes of low stressing but they are, of course, considerably less wear resistant than gunmetal and phosphor bronzes.
- It became fashionable to own objects in base metal, so Faberge started to use gunmetal, copper and brass.
- Loose copper bullet casings and gunmetal gleamed coldly in the light sparkling like pieces of ice, cold and deadly.
1.1A dull bluish-grey colour: [as modifier]: the river glinted under a gunmetal sky
More example sentences
- The T2 also drops the original's gunmetal colour scheme in favour of a lighter, more silvery look.
- Slowly the sky turned from gunmetal grey to pale blue - all colour blown out of it - and then, as the sun finally rose above the horizon it was filled with brilliant amber light that caught my eyes in the mirror.
- I personally love the metallic bluish gunmetal set off against the black of the keys and the matte silver function buttons.
Definition of gunmetal in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan