Definition of gunrunner in English:
A person engaged in the illegal sale or importing of firearms.
- Indonesia and the Philippines have immensely long coastlines, making their waters especially difficult to guard against pirates, drug traffickers, gunrunners and other criminals.
- However, it is increasingly apparent that the CAGE unit is targeting law-abiding citizens, not criminal gunrunners.
- Kelly draws up a large, impressive, even diverse, cast of Irish cops and gunrunners, Italian mobsters and mistresses, Russian immigrants and killers, saints and scoundrels.
- Example sentences
- These connected crimes include corruption of state officials, forgery, use of fraud to obtain false certificates, blackmail, gunrunning, drug trafficking and money laundering.
- There are pirates and sex, gunrunning and smuggling, and sailors who talk like sailors.
- We hear time and time again that the funds for terrorist operations come from anywhere possible, and that drug-running, gunrunning, and those sorts of illicit activities are always a good source of revenue for terrorists.
Words that rhyme with gunrunnerroadrunner
Definition of gunrunner in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan