Definition of guttering in English:
noun[mass noun] chiefly British
1The gutters of a building.
- An investigation has been launched after cast iron guttering fell from a building and struck a passer-by.
- The lightning strike blew a crater in Margaret's front yard, cracking brickwork, smashing windows, melting guttering and water pipes and blowing up her hot water system.
- Then the fine tuning of the components takes place, such as guttering for rain and snow protection.
1.1Material used to make gutters.
- Seventy per cent of company income comes from selling metal lighting columns, with the rest from other metal products such as roofing material and guttering.
- The building is dark brick topped by pinky-coloured concrete block walls, white plastic-looking fascia board, black plastic guttering and an artificial slate roof.
- The plants are grown in plastic guttering and small electric pumps feed the water through them.
Definition of guttering in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan