noun (plural gynarchies)[mass noun]
- Rule by women or a woman.More example sentences
- With fitting irony, Maurice leaves Isa pregnant with a daughter to carry on the cycle of gynarchy.
- Indeed, the jealous mothers of the gynarchies of the past would often step in between their sons and their wives in order to keep them tied to themselves - as, for instance, Augustine's mother did when she made him dismiss his concubine, who had lived faithfully with him for years.
- If that's not enough for you, then you might take a look at the domains of gynarchy and mysticism of murderous amazons.
More definitions of gynarchyDefinition of gynarchy in:
- The US English dictionary