Definition of hacksaw in English:
A saw with a narrow fine-toothed blade set in a frame, used especially for cutting metal.
- A hacksaw or metal cutting bandsaw is the tool to use here.
- Slide the vinyl seal out of the carrier before you cut the carrier with a fine-tooth hacksaw blade.
- The exception would be the use of a hacksaw with a fine toothed blade to cut it to length and a metal file to smooth out the roughness.
verb (past participle hacksawn or hacksawed)[with object] Back to top
Cut (something) using a hacksaw: the bolt has now been hacksawed through
More example sentences
- Having hacksawed the cross members off we had easy access and a clear exit route.
- Today we'll learn how to hacksaw walnuts into decorative napkin rings.
- Heck, I've even had mates hacksaw the locks off their bikes without anyone calling them on it.
Definition of hacksaw in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.