- Originating in or carried by the blood.More example sentences
- Tuberculosis bacteria reach the gastrointestinal tract via haematogenous spread, ingestion of infected sputum, or direct spread from infected contiguous lymph nodes and fallopian tubes.
- It is also appropriate to investigate for metastatic infection or distant sources of hematogenous dissemination of infection such as infected aneurysm, skin lesions, septic phlebitis, and osteomyelitis.
- Although the extension of infection appeared to be primarily direct, lesions suggesting hematogenous dissemination were occasionally noted in bone marrow and skin.
More definitions of haematogenousDefinition of haematogenous in:
- The US English dictionary