noun (plural haematomas or haematomata /-mətə/)Medicine
- A solid swelling of clotted blood within the tissues.More example sentences
- Skin hemorrhages in the form of petechiae, ecchymoses, hematomas, and purpura will quickly become apparent.
- There may be bruising called contusions or a collection of blood called a hematoma or clot.
- The nurse suctions the patient's mouth frequently, at which time he or she inspects the mouth for active bleeding, clots, or hematomas.
More definitions of haematomaDefinition of haematoma in:
- The US English dictionary