- A cell of the haemolymph of various invertebrates, especially arthropods.More example sentences
- Circulating blood cells known as hemocytes represent the main cellular component of the molluscan immune system.
- The corresponding larval phenotypes include hypertrophied hematopoietic organs, increased numbers of circulating hemocytes, and abnormal differentiation of lamellocytes that represent up to 50% of the cells.
- By studying shrimp at different times during the 5 day molt cycle, we observed the cyclic increase of tyrosine within the hemocytes with a maximum during days 1 and 5, when quinones are necessary for tanning the exoskeleton.
More definitions of haemocyteDefinition of haemocyte in:
- The US English dictionary