- The coughing up of blood.More example sentences
- She has no symptoms, specifically no cough, sputum, hemoptysis, weight loss, sweats, fevers, or bony pains.
- Cough, dyspnea, hemoptysis, tachycardia, pleuritic pain, cyanosis and fever are common.
- Symptoms may include cough, hemoptysis, increased sputum production, and dyspnea.
mid 17th century: from modern Latin hemoptysis, from haemo- 'of blood' + Greek ptusis 'spitting'.
More definitions of haemoptysisDefinition of haemoptysis in:
- The US English dictionary