- 1The style in which a person’s hair is cut: he’s always very particular about his haircutMore example sentences
- We've arrived at a day and age when it's the person who wears the haircut and style, rather than the other way around.
- He was white, around 5ft 9in, stocky and muscular, with a crew-cut style haircut and he looked scruffy.
- Less is more when it comes to style and color, and with the right haircut, your hair can become low on maintenance and high on style.
- 1.1An act of cutting a person’s hair: hair salons offering discounted haircutsMore example sentences
- Yesterday as I drove to the beauty salon for my haircut.
- Until the 1970s only a few men went to a salon for a haircut and styling.
- There's also a salon for haircuts, pedicures, manicures and makeup lessons.
- 2 • informal A reduction in the stated value of an asset: the banks would probably be willing to take a haircut on the restMore example sentences
- In some cases, increased "burden sharing" could mean junior bondholders face "haircuts."
- We've seen what can happen when even gold could easily take a 20 % haircut.
- Nonfinancial corporations got a major haircut, with estimated profits in 2000 reduced by $81 billion, or 13 %.
More definitions of haircutDefinition of haircut in:
- The US English dictionary