Definition of half-island in English:
1A piece of land almost surrounded by water; a peninsula.
- They fixed on island or half-island sites where they could be free from interference.
- He has chosen to ferry his men by sea, to the ragged half-island between the York and the James.
- The country consists of a large, mountainous island (half-island, actually), much longer than it is wide.
1.1A piece of land made up of half or part of an island.
- Previously the half island had been a neglected backwater lacking industry, basic infrastructure or services.
- The half island with a population of just 800,000 people is one of the most impoverished countries in the world.
- They eventually were allowed into the half-island and moved in with their grandmother who lived there.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia