noun[mass noun] Medicine
A volatile synthetic organic compound used as a general anaesthetic.
- Chemical formula: CF3CHBrCl
More example sentences
- With the airway thus controlled nitrous oxide, halothane, and oxygen are given in proper concentrations.
- We have used a coarse-grain model to explore the properties of a model membrane in the presence of the volatile anesthetic halothane by performing extensive molecular dynamics simulations.
- We examined the effects of two popular volatile anesthetics, halothane and sevoflurane, on laryngeal C-fiber responsiveness in urethane-anesthetized guinea pigs.
Definition of halothane in:
- The US English dictionary