- 1 Greek & Roman Mythology A nymph who lives in a tree and dies when the tree dies.More example sentences
- As dryads are generally spirits of oak trees, hamadryads exhibit more power over the forest.
- Mortals harmed the hamadryads by killing their trees.
- A hamadryad gets her power from her tree, and a dryad gets her power from the whole forest.
via Latin from Greek Hamadruas, from hama 'together' + drus 'tree'.
More definitions of hamadryadDefinition of hamadryad in:
- The US English dictionary