Definition of handshaking in English:
1The action of shaking hands with a person.
- Strangers shake hands, and handshaking continues after the first meeting (Malays often raise the hand to their heart after shaking), though it is sometimes frowned upon between men and women.
- With possibly the most transparent piece of obfuscation yet seen in blogging, Rodney hints at a pending announcement, for which much backslapping, cheering and firm handshaking is called for.
- A feast had been laid out but was soon demolished, amidst much handshaking, backslapping and reminiscences.
1.1 Computing The action of exchanging standardized signals between devices in a computer network to regulate the transfer of data.
- There is a rich future for those who figure out the protocols, handshaking, data transfer etc. around connecting these devices up, such that the user experience of listening effortlessly drifts across devices and spaces just as you do.
- This section will discuss Eye Diagrams, Jitter, 8b / 10b Encoding, Spread Spectrum Clocking, Common Mode signaling and Out-of-Band handshaking.
- In addition to the data transmit and receive wires, a number of handshaking signals are used to control the flow of data, so one side is not talking too fast for the other to understand.
Definition of handshaking in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia