- 1Remain behind: Stephen hung back for fear of being seenMore example sentences
- Crushing my second thoughts, I made my way down the stairs to the entrance hall, where I stopped, hanging back behind the corner of the wall.
- Bella hung back behind the curtains, trying her best to calm herself.
- Coach started speed drills and Liz hung back skating behind the guys.
- 1.1Show reluctance to act or move: I do not believe that our European neighbours will hang back from thisMore example sentences
- We also have quite a few contributors who like to hang back and give us something only when the spirit moves them.
- While the police hung back, a brave fellow citizen rushed forward to pull the men into his car and drive them to the hospital, saving their lives.
- I think I've not hung back in pointing out the deficiencies in funding that we've had and still have, over the years.
More definitions of hang backDefinition of hang back in:
- The US English dictionary