- The inadvertent omission of a repeated letter or letters in writing (e.g. writing philogy for philology).More example sentences
- Examples of the second type are treatments on dittography, haplography, harmonization, and itacisms.
- In contrast to this, it may in fact be a case of haplography where ‘Jesus’ has been omitted.
- There are mistakes of the visual type, such as haplography and dittography.
late 19th century: from Greek haploos 'single' + -graphy.
More definitions of haplographyDefinition of haplography in:
- The US English dictionary