- 1Expensive, fashionable clothes produced by leading fashion houses: rails of haute coutureMore example sentences
- Unlike haute couture, prêt-à-porter clothing isn't one of a kind.
- Her dress, something between a medieval period costume and the latest haute couture, trailed behind her as the wind lifted it softly above the ground.
- Despite the attempt by the forum to insist on casual dress, it is hard to part many businessmen from their suits, or their wives from their haute couture.
- 1.1The designing and making of haute couture clothing: the champions of haute couture insist that it can be as visionary as any art form an elegant example of haute couture [as modifier]: an haute couture outfitMore example sentences
- Once the preserve of haute couture designers, London Fashion Week is embracing the clothing revolution by giving official recognition to the high street and supermarkets.
- Born in Stockholm, Sweden, the artist trained for three years in design crafts and haute couture dressmaking and created one-off garments sold in boutiques in Stockholm.
- Compared to Dior, Armani's haute couture is certainly a lot less dramatic, but there was certainly a more distinct difference between this collection and the normal RTW collections.
French, literally 'high dressmaking'.
More definitions of haute coutureDefinition of haute couture in:
- The US English dictionary