Definition of haymaker in English:
1A person who is involved in making hay, especially one who tosses and spreads it to dry after mowing.
- Nowhere have so many muscular and healthy bodies been put on display, so many entwined haymakers and tractor drivers, workers and peasants, strong men and women.
- There was little visible sign even of agricultural activity, apart from glimpses of haymakers scything by hand.
- The drinks, in the form of ale, were taken by five haymakers who last summer spent 13 days mowing five acres of grassland in the park.
2 informal A forceful blow: he caught him on the side of the head with a stinging haymaker
More example sentences
- He threw a monster left jab, which I deflected, then I countered with my hardest haymaker to his face.
- Whether it's a jab or a haymaker, we have to throw the first blow.
- His opponent spent the entire round throwing haymakers after haymakers only to hit nothing but wind.
Definition of haymaker in:
- US English dictionary