Definition of hazardous in English:
Risky; dangerous: we work in hazardous conditions it is hazardous to personal safety
More example sentences
- He added that it would be wrong to assume that mobile phones were hazardous to human health.
- He has been asked whether emissions from the refinery are hazardous to human health.
- At least one candidate in the election reports that campaigning has proven hazardous to his health.
dangerous, risky, unsafe, perilous, precarious, insecure, tricky, unpredictable, uncertain, high-risk, touch-and-go, fraught with danger
British informal dodgy
North American informal gnarly
archaic or humorous parlous
- Example sentences
- When the weight that physicians know to be hazardously overweight is considered normal weight by the general public, major health problems are on the horizon.
- He envisaged himself wobbling on the edge of an invisible cliff, leaning hazardously this way and that.
- Five drivers were caught driving hazardously under the influence of liquor.
Words that rhyme with hazardousDreyfus • Josephus
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan