Definition of headbanger in English:
1A fan or performer of heavy metal music.
- Too hard for popsters, too twisted for arena-rock headbangers and too subversive for all but the most open-minded listeners, they dealt with taboo subjects with a bizarre wit and hard-rocking drive.
- It may sound like faint praise, but the band's ability to make plainly dyspeptic headbangers that really bang is no small feat at a time when powerful popular dissent and effective mainstream rock are both in such short supply.
- Although my own short-lived nu metal days were finished by the time I turned 16, it was obvious to anyone in attendance that these guys would stand out in a field of sound-alike headbangers.
2A mad or eccentric person: he was either a business genius or a complete headbanger
More example sentences
- ‘I've always thought you would have to be a complete headbanger as a woman to want periods,’ suggests Baird.
- My side is taking a long view that the longer this goes on the better, in the hope that the headbangers wake up to the reality.
- Earlier this month, we reported how there was confusion over the resource accounting budget - an issue that few others have bothered to even investigate, preferring instead to listen to the headbangers in the Scottish Parliament.
Words that rhyme with headbangerdoppelgänger
Definition of headbanger in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia