- 1An upright panel forming or placed behind the head of a bed.More example sentences
- The dresser was between the desk and the bed, and there were two closets, one behind each of the headboards of our beds, with the openings perpendicular to the door out of the room.
- White pillows sat upright against the headboard.
- He hopped off the bed and took a backpack from behind the headboard and filled it with a few books while Andrew began to gather the few things that he had brought for Destiny.
- 3 Sailing A reinforcement at the top of a triangular sail such as a mainsail.More example sentences
- He then went to the mainsail and paused, regarding the headboard.
More definitions of headboardDefinition of headboard in:
- The US English dictionary