- 1A set of bearings in a machine, supporting a revolving part.More example sentences
- The latest electric bike does look quite spiffy, with a mountain bike chassis and a large battery which drops into the downtube from the headstock.
- Lift the front of the bike up so the front wheel is off the ground and check there is not excessive play in the headstock.
- The ladder arms are brought together at the front and angled up to become the headstock for the motorcycle forks, which are kept at a more vertical angle to allow for the extremely sharp turns.
- 2The widened piece at the end of the neck of a guitar, to which the tuning pegs are fixed.More example sentences
- Tonal vomit choked out of guitar headstocks, shrieks were speared and tossed - fish fished for and forgotten in retreat.
- Evil Jared lit up a small torch on his guitar's headstock while marching like a goose-stepping Nazi soldier.
- Fretless electric basses were introduced in 1966 by Ampeg, and ‘headless’ models, with the headstock removed and tuners set in the body, were introduced in 1979 by Ned Steinberger.
More definitions of headstockDefinition of headstock in:
- The US English dictionary