Definition of heartbreaking in English:
Causing overwhelming distress; very upsetting: it would be heartbreaking to see it all collapse
More example sentences
- It's tragic and heartbreaking, but it should not be considered a point of debate.
- Speaking as a father of a young son and a daughter, I find this heartbreaking and tragic.
- It was so heartbreaking to see lots of people traumatised by the war and living in bombed out buildings.
- [as submodifier]: the children’s expectations were heartbreakingly wrongMore example sentences
- Both jobs offer all the possibilities in the world, including fame, success, travel and personal achievement, but things can also go terribly, heartbreakingly wrong if the young hopefuls are rejected.
- An apologia, even when desperately, heartbreakingly wrong, is a sort of bridge between evil and good, an acknowledgement that there is something here that needs explaining.
- Every word of this story was heartbreakingly true, and it pains me to think that all the terrible things I saw happening there during my four years of high school didn't magically cease to occur after I graduated and went to college.
Words that rhyme with heartbreakingbackbreaking
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan