Very despondent, typically from grief or loss of love: weary and heartsick, she forced herself to search throughout the remains of the village
More example sentences
- I took over care of my younger sisters and younger brother, and of course of my father who was heartsick over the loss of that beautiful mother of mine.
- I'm just heartsick, because I love CRP, because it's allowing me to have the habitat out here.
- I was heartsick over the loss of our baby, and you were glowing with the thought of leaving everything behind to race some stupid cars.
- Example sentences
- Should we follow James in embracing a will to believe, if only to cure ourselves of heartsickness and melancholy at the absence of meaning?
- Still, for what it's worth, there is one cure for those afflicted with heartsickness.
- Shifting stylistically as he never has before, White is still narrowly focused on the ins and outs of relationships, but he's added an impressive sonic heft that lends elegance and mystery to his heartsickness.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.