- A device that transfers heat from a colder area to a hotter area by using mechanical energy, as in a refrigerator.More example sentences
- I installed wall heaters, an electric water heater, dryer and range, but asked for help with a mechanical heat pump.
- Heating and cooling are supplied by a combined heat pump and chilling device.
- Typically, water is cycled through an underground pipe, and the heat in the surrounding soil warms or cools the heat pump's refrigerant.
More definitions of heat pumpDefinition of heat pump in:
- The US English dictionary