- 1Able to resist great heat; heatproof.More example sentences
- These compounds are used to make high-speed tools, military aircraft and spacecraft, heat shields, and specialized heat-resistant fibers.
- The most distinctive feature of the spacecraft is a large, highly reflective, heat-resistant sunshade attached to the front on a titanium frame.
- Conversely, the shuttle must be pointed at a appropriate angle and rotation to ensure that the heat of re-entry is distributed properly against specially reinforced, heat-resistant panels.
More definitions of heat-resistantDefinition of heat-resistant in:
- The US English dictionary