- 1(Of material or an article) designed to withstand the stresses of demanding use: heavy-duty springsMore example sentences
- At the entrance to the gallery an upright, abstracted figure, smoothly curved, sat atop a heavy-duty steel truck spring.
- I'd put all my stuff into two heavy-duty trash bags, everything I owned.
- Use a heavy-duty detergent or wax remover to dean this strip.
- 1.1 • informal Intense, important, or abundant: she did some heavy-duty cleaningMore example sentences
- They're billing this as a dark, intense work, so get ready for some heavy-duty dance.
- Having sturdy torque wrenches and sockets that won't fail under heavy-duty usage is also very important.
- For all its heart-thumping glory, it can also come with a heavy-duty helping of awkwardness and anxiety.
More definitions of heavy-dutyDefinition of heavy-duty in:
- The US English dictionary