Definition of hebephrenia in English:
A form of chronic schizophrenia involving disordered thought, inappropriate emotions, hallucinations, and bizarre behaviour.
- The case presented illustrates this dream material and is compared with two other cases of hebephrenia previously published by the author which do not contain dream material.
- More important, however, is that in hebephrenia the ultimate disintegration of the personality is greater than in other types of schizophrenia.
- Another common type, which is also the most devastating, is disorganized schizophrenia, which is also known as hebephrenia.
- Example sentences
- Acute and catatonic forms of the illness were more prevalent in developing countries, whereas hebephrenic and chronic forms were more frequently seen in developed countries.
- Additionally, the drug-free group demonstrated fewer hebephrenic traits.
- The catalyst for this was predictably hebephrenic, typifying the whole Internet experience.
Pronunciation: /-ˈfrɛnɪk/adjective& noun
Definition of hebephrenia in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India