, abbreviation: hl)
- A metric unit of capacity equal to one hundred litres, used especially for wine, beer, grain, and other agricultural produce.More example sentences
- A company executive said the brewer's plant in the capital will be expanded from its current capacity of 1.4 million hectolitres to 1.7 million hectolitres per year.
- It has been estimated that they would have contained about 2,500 hectolitres of wine; details of their capacities were inscribed below their necks.
- Annual capacity would be 200,000 tonnes, equivalent to 1.7 million barrels or 1.97 million hectolitres of beer.
More definitions of hectolitreDefinition of hectolitre in:
- The US English dictionary