Definition of hedge-hop in English:
verb[no object, with adverbial of direction]
Fly an aircraft at a very low altitude: he hedge-hopped all the way home
More example sentences
- Three helicopters were hedge-hopping their way towards the river.
- It had then hedge-hopped for several minutes at an altitude of less than 100 metres before landing.
- For 20 minutes, he hedge-hopped trees and brush.
- Example sentences
- Today, for the first time since the hedge-hoppers returned to action, National Hunt racing takes centre stage.
- The hedge-hoppers have been keeping a low profile over the summer but now that October has arrived, we can start counting down the days till the festival.
- One tipoff was that only commuter flights had four-digit numbers, so experienced travellers and travel agents would recognize that the trip would be aboard a hedge-hopper.
Definition of hedge-hop in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan