- Relating to or near the sun.More example sentences
- It is possible that all the planetary orbs originate from an early attempt to record heliacal obscurity.
- All ancient astrologers placed the greatest significance upon heliacal risings and settings and ancient Mesopotamian astrology was also heavily predisposed to observance of this kind of planetary phenomena.
- The Greeks and Romans, with fairly useless calendars, continued to depend upon observing the heliacal risings and settings of stars.
mid 16th century: via late Latin from Greek hēliakos (from hēlios 'sun') + -al.
More definitions of heliacalDefinition of heliacal in:
- The US English dictionary