- The therapeutic use of sunlight.More example sentences
- The ancient Greeks employed whole-body sun exposure or heliotherapy in the treatment of disease, and lying nude in the sun was a popular pastime.
- Early in the 20th century, the debate in the literature over the healthiness of heliotherapy and arc lamps provided the motivation for testing these ideas using animal models.
- Although heliotherapy has been practiced for at least 2400 years, there was very little objective evidence supporting its purported therapeutic influence.
More definitions of heliotherapyDefinition of heliotherapy in:
- The US English dictionary