- An insect of the order Hemiptera or bugs, such as an aphid, cicada, or leafhopper.More example sentences
- Predaceous arthropods were tallied and assigned to general taxonomic groups: spiders, hymenopterans, hemipterans, and coccinellids.
- Worldwide, stilt bugs are a relatively small group of unusual hemipterans, or true bugs, in the family Berytidae.
- In June, there was a significant increase in consumption of hemipterans.
adjectiveBack to top
- Relating to or denoting hemipterans.More example sentences
- They suggest that Roridula absorbs nitrogen from the liquid hemipteran faeces directly through the cuticle.
- Recently, it was suggested that the hemipteran - plant interaction constituted a new pathway for plant carnivory.
- This was not, however, the same as the hemipteran rostrum.
- More example sentences
- The hemipterous beetles are partially adapted to visiting flowers, as the genera Chauliognathus, Gnathium, and Nemognatha.
- These hemipterous bugs are significant pests throughout the United States.
More definitions of hemipteranDefinition of hemipteran in:
- The US English dictionary