Definition of hemipteran in English:
An insect of the order Hemiptera or bugs, such as an aphid, cicada, or leafhopper.
- Predaceous arthropods were tallied and assigned to general taxonomic groups: spiders, hymenopterans, hemipterans, and coccinellids.
- Worldwide, stilt bugs are a relatively small group of unusual hemipterans, or true bugs, in the family Berytidae.
- In June, there was a significant increase in consumption of hemipterans.
adjectiveBack to top
Relating to or denoting hemipterans.
- They suggest that Roridula absorbs nitrogen from the liquid hemipteran faeces directly through the cuticle.
- Recently, it was suggested that the hemipteran - plant interaction constituted a new pathway for plant carnivory.
- This was not, however, the same as the hemipteran rostrum.
- Example sentences
- The hemipterous beetles are partially adapted to visiting flowers, as the genera Chauliognathus, Gnathium, and Nemognatha.
- These hemipterous bugs are significant pests throughout the United States.
Words that rhyme with hemipterandipteran
Definition of hemipteran in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan