- A disease characterized by inflammation of the liver.More example sentences
- Sharing needles increases the risk of contracting serious diseases such as hepatitis and HIV.
- The same problem can occur in patients with the other liver diseases such as viral hepatitis.
- The non-neoplastic liver showed mild fibrosis without signs of cirrhosis or hepatitis.
early 18th century: modern Latin, from Greek hēpar, hēpat- 'liver' + -itis.
More definitions of hepatitisDefinition of hepatitis in:
- The US English dictionary