1A proprietor of a heritable object.
- Especially from mid-century, large landowners, ‘heritors’, were given special powers under Scots poor laws; this too may have helped to ensure stringency.
- The church had 430 sittings all divided among the heritors, these being the land-owners and farmers in the parish.
- The river abounds with trout, eel, and salmon; and both heritors have fishings on it.
- That being the case, I'm not convinced that either your preference not to have a little genetic heritor running around, or the resultant heavy load on Social Services is really relevant.
- Four hundred years after the death of Cleopatra, Egyptians - the heritors of the longest-lived society in history - had literally no idea what was contained in the Papyrus of Ani.
- When someone was believed to be a heritor and he turns not to be, the inheritance partition will be null.
Definition of heritor in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.