Definition of heritor in English:
1A proprietor of a heritable object.
- Especially from mid-century, large landowners, ‘heritors’, were given special powers under Scots poor laws; this too may have helped to ensure stringency.
- The church had 430 sittings all divided among the heritors, these being the land-owners and farmers in the parish.
- The river abounds with trout, eel, and salmon; and both heritors have fishings on it.
- That being the case, I'm not convinced that either your preference not to have a little genetic heritor running around, or the resultant heavy load on Social Services is really relevant.
- Four hundred years after the death of Cleopatra, Egyptians - the heritors of the longest-lived society in history - had literally no idea what was contained in the Papyrus of Ani.
- When someone was believed to be a heritor and he turns not to be, the inheritance partition will be null.
Definition of heritor in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia