Definition of herniate in English:
verb[no object] (usually as adjective herniated)
(Of an organ) suffer a hernia: a herniated disc
More example sentences
- Only fetuses most severely affected with liver herniated into the chest, diagnosis before 24 weeks, and a ratio of lung to head of less than 1.4 are eligible for treatment.
- These diverticula are considered false diverticula because the mucosa herniates through the esophageal muscular wall.
- In women, the bladder can herniate through the vaginal wall because of obstetrical injury, then the outlet tube is kinked.
- Example sentences
- Massive hemorrhage into the glioblastoma, brain edema, and herniation explain the death of this patient.
- A CT scan performed within two hours of completing myelography enhances the diagnostic quality and reliability of the imaging study by more accurately depicting osteophytes, disc herniations, and spinal cord contour.
- No obvious necrotizing lesions, edema, or herniations were present.
Definition of herniate in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan