Definition of herpetofauna in English:
noun[mass noun] Zoology
The reptiles and amphibians of a particular region, habitat, or geological period.
- Therefore, the Hudson River population of Necturus is not unique among the aquatic herpetofauna.
- In areas like savannas, where the scrub jays are in close proximity to suburban habitats, house cats are important predators of many bird species as well as herpetofauna.
- The book also includes several studies on lesser-known animals - birds, herpetofauna and fishes - many of which have yet to be identified by science.
- Example sentences
- In 1997 and 1998, a herpetofaunal survey was conducted in conjunction with the Binational Expedition.
- Thus far we have made great progress in our herpetofaunal surveys of the Southeast Coastal Network Parks.
- Unlike calling frog and toad surveys, this method samples the entire herpetofaunal community, not just those that are vocal.
Definition of herpetofauna in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan