adjectiveBotany & Zoology
- 1Having parts arranged in groups of six.More example sentences
- The terminal and erect cymose inflorescence bears actinomorphic, hexamerous, dish-shaped flowers.
- The chief points in the diagnosis of the species are the muscular body-wall, the ectodermal invaginations and pits in the wall, and the regular hexamerous development of the mesenteries.
- Flowers are hexamerous, tubular, whitish and odoriferous, pollinated by relatively specialized vectors as large bees and hawkmoths.
More definitions of hexamerousDefinition of hexamerous in:
- The US English dictionary