- 1A company’s funds that are not declared on its balance sheet: banks and insurance groups have hidden reserves they can dig into to help pay dividends in times of falling profitsMore example sentences
- The bank intends to remedy that with profitability increases through cost reductions and the liquidation of hidden reserves by selling off industrial holdings valued at 65 billion marks.
- Councils which are imposing tax rises of up to 7% this spring have built up hidden reserves of £1.4bn in their bank accounts, which could be used to cut bills, Scotland on Sunday can reveal.
- The provinces argue Ottawa is has plenty of hidden reserves, including underestimated revenues totalling $73 billion over 10 years.
- 1.1Mental or physical capabilities kept in reserve and available in exceptional circumstances: hidden reserves of powerMore example sentences
- Tapping hidden reserves of strength, i managed to pick the woman off the floor and put her back in the… err… safe… er… hands of her partner.
- The exercise, which was held at the end of May, is designed to test, stress and call upon the hidden reserves of the trainees over five days - and the staff of the college ensure the trainees are indeed stressed and tested.
- Art offers one of the principal means by which a people becomes aware of itself, its failings, its illusions, its collective dilemma, its hidden reserves of strength.
More definitions of hidden reservesDefinition of hidden reserves in:
- The US English dictionary