Definition of high life in English:
1 (also high living) An extravagant social life as enjoyed by the wealthy.
- Overlooking the River Clyde, it offers a particularly nice spot to chill out and enjoy some high living.
- ‘He has no interest in high living or luxury cars and his story truly is an incredible one,’ added Mr Rhind.
- I'm gonna be indulging in some well-deserved high living.
2 (usually highlife) A style of dance music of West African origin, influenced by rock and jazz.
- With highlife, African music had proved its resilience and ability to absorb and synthesise foreign influences.
- ‘Every Season’ features Damon Albarn, who swaps Parklife for highlife on the album's most traditionally ‘African’ sounding track.
- Sunday afternoon on John Roberts Square will feature The Soca Survivors, a classic combination of Caribbean Carnival Soca with a splash of reggae and highlife to create a real party atmosphere.
Definition of high life in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.