Definition of high life in English:
1 (also high living) An extravagant social life as enjoyed by the wealthy.
- Overlooking the River Clyde, it offers a particularly nice spot to chill out and enjoy some high living.
- ‘He has no interest in high living or luxury cars and his story truly is an incredible one,’ added Mr Rhind.
- I'm gonna be indulging in some well-deserved high living.
2 (usually highlife) A style of dance music of West African origin, influenced by rock and jazz.
- With highlife, African music had proved its resilience and ability to absorb and synthesise foreign influences.
- ‘Every Season’ features Damon Albarn, who swaps Parklife for highlife on the album's most traditionally ‘African’ sounding track.
- Sunday afternoon on John Roberts Square will feature The Soca Survivors, a classic combination of Caribbean Carnival Soca with a splash of reggae and highlife to create a real party atmosphere.
Definition of high life in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan